It’s that time of year again when the weather changes, coughing and sneezing begins, and there’s a rise in the occurrence of the influenza virus. The flu shot is also being heavily advertised and recommended around this time of year. But how well does the flu shot prevent the flu? Since 2012, the flu vaccine has been 40% or less on its efficacy according to the CDC. Even if you get the thimerosal free vaccine, that percentage is pretty low in prevention rates. So what can be done to reduce your chances of getting the flu? Here are some flu prevention tips below:
- Wash your hands frequently!
- Drink plenty of water. You should be drinking at least half your body weight in ounces each day to keep hydrated and flush out toxins.
- Eat a well balanced diet with minimal sugar, alcohol, and processed foods.
- Daily intake of vitamin D3 helps to boost the immune system. Talk to you doctor about the correct dose for you.
- You can take Homeopathic Influenzinum during the entire season for prevention with no side effects.
- Get plenty of sleep. When you sleep your body spends time repairing itself so allow yourself 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
If you start feeling run down or are starting to have the first signs of the flu, there are some steps you can take for prevention:
- Come in and get an IV! An IV full of nutrients and virus fighting ingredients can be administered to fight off and boost the immune system.
- You can take immune supporting herbs like Black Elderberry or get one of our immune boosting supplements.
Your body is strong enough to beat the flu on its own if given the right tools! Keeping up with a healthy daily routine can keep you healthy all year round.