Wondering what to do to participate in this special day? Here are some ideas:
- Try a new workout or sport – how about a spin class in the pool or a fun Zumba class? It’s always best to “change it up” for best results.
- Get your thyroid checked – more common is a sluggish or hypothyroid functioning thyroid gland, but either way, this can negatively impact your concentration, mood, and weight.
- Consume some “superfoods”! Broccoli, kale, apples, turnips – and other healthy foods you can find at your local farmer’s market.
- Ask a friend to workout – working out with a pal can help you stay motivated and lose more weight than going solo.
- Take a short nap – grab a power nap for 20 minutes as research indicates that proper rest and sleep is beneficial for your heart, mind, weight, and more.
- Stay hydrated – be sure to get those recommended eight, 8-oz. glasses of water in daily or substitute some fresh, raw vegetable juice.
- Practice deep breathing – belly breathing for five minutes daily can help relax your body. Prolonged stress can take a toll on your body, including weight gain, hair loss, and blood sugar problems.
- Give your back a break – get a massage to soothe those sore muscles and don’t forget to include back-strengthening exercises in your workouts to prevent issues before they develop.
Here’s a few ideas if you’re at work:
- Organize a lunch time walk with your coworkers
- Encourage everyone to stand at your next meeting
- Hold a healthy potluck or lunch time salad bar
- Start a friendly competition with coworkers. Track your steps, water intake, or other healthy activities.