Call TODAY! Stop the DARK Act!
We are urging everyone to take immediate action and tell your senators you oppose what has been dubbed the DARK Act (Deny Americans the Right-to-Know) and support federally mandated GMO labeling! You must contact your senators before the deadline of October 21st. Right now, as you read this, lobbyists for the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) are swarming Capitol Hill in a no holds-barred campaign to convince your Senator to vote against your right to know whether or not your food contains GMOs.
The “Denying Americans the Right-to-Know” (DARK) Act would:
- Preempt states from requiring labeling of GMO food.
- Virtually eliminate FDA’s ability to craft a national GMO labeling system (The FDA will never be allowed to require pre-market safety testing of GMO foods, much less require labels on those foods).
- Codify the current, broken voluntary labeling system.
- Create a GMO “safety” review system based on industry science.
- Allow “natural” foods to contain GMO ingredients and preempt state efforts to end misleading “natural” claims.
Polls show that 90% of Americans want the right to know what’s in their food. As a consumer, tell your Senator that you believe food companies should be required by law to disclose GMOs, especially now that the World Health Organization has classified Monsanto’s glyphosate as a probable carcinogen.
Now is the time to tell your Senators that you oppose this bill (HR1599) and support mandatory labeling. If your Senator hears only from Monsanto’s lobbyists today, you could lose the right to know—permanently. Yours could be the call that changes your Senator’s mind about the DARK Act. Please don’t miss that opportunity.
Please call your Senator’s office right now and ask him or her to oppose H.R. 1599, or any federal bill that would preempt states’ rights to require labels on GMO foods. Text “DARK Act” to 97779, or dial 888-897-0174 now.
Phone calls work better than emails. Please text “DARK Act” to 97779, or dial 888-897-0174 now.
For more information on Bill 1599 and specific information on DISPELLING GMO LABELING MYTHS, go to: http://www.justlabelit.org/dark-act/