Comfort foods and delicious sweets that only come once a year are hard to pass up. How about waking up from your Thanksgiving day “food coma” to a tasty and nutritious pumpkin pie smoothie? It’s got everything you need to recuperate after the over-indulgences of the day before. Pumpkin is loaded with lots of vitamins C and A and flavonoid poly-phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, xanthin, and carotenes. Add in some potassium and Vitamin B6 from the banana and high-quality protein and fat from the almond butter, and you’re good to go!
- 1 small frozen banana cut up into chunks
- 2 tbsps pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tbsps almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!