National Nutrition Month is an educational campaign focusing on the significance of physical fitness as well as eating nourishing meals. Taking charge of your health contributes to overall wellbeing; as well as losing weight or staying at your ideal weight, which reduces risks of chronic illness such as heart disease and diabetes.
In the spirit of celebrating this special month, we’d like to share one of our favorite and versatile ketogenic recipes below:
Coconut Cream Recipe
- 1-2 cans of either Sprout’s organic coconut cream (canned) or any organic, canned coconut milk
- vanilla extract to taste
- Sweetleaf brand vanilla crème stevia to taste
- Refrigerate coconut cans overnight, if possible. When refrigerated, cream comes to the top of can and separates from milk liquid.
- 20-30 minutes prior to making cream, put bowl and beaters in freezer
- Take beaters, bowl, and cans of coconut cream/milk out of freezer and frig
- Scoop “cream” out of can/s into bowl (may use some of coconut milk liquid, as needed for desired consistency).
- Beat at high speed for approximately 1-2 minutes (or to desired consistency)
- Store in refrigerator
As a treat, may sprinkle Lily’s brand of stevia-sweetened chocolate chips on top of 1 or 2 scoops of coconut cream – delish!