This guacamole recipe is unique in that it has a sweet, nutty flavor from the combination of dried apricots and almonds. Try it with your favorite organic (or non-GMO) corn chips or raw veggies. So tasty!!!
- 1 1/4 pounds ripe avocados (about 3 medium), halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (about 10 to 15), small dice
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper or serrano chile, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes), plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Scoop the flesh from the avocados into a large bowl. Mash with the back of a large fork or a potato masher to make a chunky paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the almonds and stir to combine. Taste and season with additional lime juice and salt as needed.
- Garnish with the almonds (if using) and serve immediately or place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. (The plastic wrap will keep the guacamole from turning brown.) Enjoy!
Recipe adapted by www.chowhound from “Fiesta at Rick’s: Fabulous Food for Great Times with Friends” by Rick Bayless.